Madam Rosy's English Class Page

'Like' Madam Rosy's English Class Page

Google+ Followers

For Us: Busy Teachers!

Friday, January 6, 2012

NEW FORM 3 2012 ENGLISH LITERATURE NOVEL : AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS

Salam sayang,


Hi dear teachers.Earlier this year,we'd been surprised by the introduction of new Form 3 novel.As for my zone (Pahang),we'd received the new textbook- AROUND THE WORLD IN 80DAYS-a novel 'born' in France by Jules Verne-the same author of Journey to the Center of the Earth.

The textbook is quite thick,and only 1 of my student has started reading it(and found it interesting?-GOOD!)

I'm a bit nervous,because I know that most of my students had failed reading One is One and All Alone last year(see,that's only few pages short story)-and now I'm wondering how they'll finish this novel,as they'd just got the text  yesterday...

However,I'd searched for some sources and materials which I think will be useful for  teachers and students,since it's new in the syllabus.

If you're afraid that your students can't finish reading the whole text,here's an alternative:
The comic version of the novel :




Here's the online comic:
ONLINE COMIC VERSION

and lastly,the game-It's just a simple game,but I like the graphics used:


DOWNLOAD ATWI80D GAME 

You can also search for the Jackie Chan's movie.I'm planning a movie watching time for my students.=)



And that's all for now.I'm going to build up new materials and methods in teaching the novel-of course I need time.=)

Till then,thank  you for the support!=)

5 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing..my students haven't get the text yet =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog.. can u xplen more on how to download the worksheets and so on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...Madam Rosy....Great blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a treasure! thanks for sharing, now my students have something to read during their mid-year holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diharap bahan ini tidak di download dan digunakan oleh mana mana pihak tanpa kebenaran daripada pemegang hak cipta bahan ini. Diminta untuk mengeluarkan link untuk download bahan ini.

    ReplyDelete